The boys from GG have announced their new short travel 29" slay machine call the Trail Pistol! Looks like they where thinking of all you dentists out there and made the frame able to accommodate 27.5 + wheels as well...
As the “Singletrack Flyer,” the Trail Pistol inspires the kind of fun you only experience in the pit of a punk rock show. The kind of reckless fun that reminds you why you started mountain biking in the first place.
Designed to explore miles of endless singletrack with its efficient pedalling platform and rally the descents with its stiff chassis, progressive leverage curve, and playful geometry. The Trail Pistol allows you to keep in mind what’s really important: riding fast and having fun--but remember the lessons of Sid Vicious: safety third, not fourth.
And don’t be held back by the man: pick the wheelsize that’s right for your life. Crush Mode and Plush Mode, accessed via the shock mount flip chip, optimizes the geometry and suspension for 29” wheel-ed crushing or 27.5 Plus wheel-ed plushness--just like the fine velour carpet on the walls of your favorite music venue.
- GG-style Geometry: 120 mm travel, 16.9” chainstays, roomy cockpit, 66.6º head tube angle with a 130 mm travel fork (+/- .4º per 10 mm of travel)
- Crush Mode & Plush Mode
- Crush Mode: made for goin’ fast on 29” wheels
- Plush Mode: maintains a consistent BB height between wheelsizes, steepens the head angle a degree, and reduces the progression in the suspension. Ideal for 27.5 Plus wheels, but can be used as a less aggressive mode with 29” wheels. No need to change forks or fork travel for either wheelsize
- No fork swap necessary to use either wheelsize!
- Future-proof Tire Clearance: 29x2.6; 27.5x3.0 (both are actual measurements, not claimed--since all tire manufacturers seem to use a different ruler)
- Low Standover: improves agility, specifically on smaller frame sizes
- Optimized Seat Tube Angle: The steeper angle maintains consistent geo as the saddle is raised and lowered
- “Follow the Leader” Standards: Boost 148 rear end and 210x50 metric shock sizing
- Robust Hardware: Universal Syntace derailleur hanger and axle system and easily-accessed Enduro Maxx bearings
- Super sweet Trail Pistol t-shirt exclusively provided with bike purchases (pic below)
- Frame Storage: Ditch the pack with the NUTS (Necessities Under the Saddle) Bracket and water bottle mounts (pic below)
"We used our background in race car engineering to create the Freedom Linkage, a highly refined suspension platform that eliminates unnecessary complication. This creates a platform that's made for goin' fast, yet is easy to maintain and built to last. Plus, it's built right here in our shop. Those are pure American welds (f* yeah!)!"
Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Build Kits
- 30.9 mm seatpost with stealth dropper routing
- 49mm headtube, fits tapered steerer tubes
- 210x50 metric shock size
- ISCG05 chainguide mount
- Threaded 73mm BSA threaded BB shell (greatly reduces creaking)
- 55mm chainline
- ISO brake caliper mount
- 12x148 rear axle, offset 3mm to the driveside for optimal chainline and clearance
- Universal Syntace axle and derailleur hanger
- Max fork travel: 140 mm
- Max tire size: 27.5 x 3.0 (actual measured widths)
- Max tire size: 29 x 2.6 (actual measured widths)
GG Trail Pistol GEometry