PHOENIX, AZ – For release March 31, 2016 – Pivot Cycles is happy to announce the formation of the Pivot/Reynolds Enduro Team. The team is comprised of three riders – Adam Snyder (Durango, CO), Mason Bond (Grass Valley, CA) and Brice Shirbach (Brookhaven, PA). Adam is a winner of the Eastern Enduro Triple Crown overall championship and is a top five athlete in the North American Enduro Tour overall rankings. Mason is the team’s young gun, with the style and speed needed to make an impression on the podium and in team edits. Brice brings years of XC and Enduro racing to the table and is a well known contributor to Pinkbike and Dirt Rag Magazine, and was recently involved in a Teton Gravity Research project. His successful East Bound and Down series will continue in 2016, as will 2 new video series.
“We love supporting up and coming riders at Pivot. Adam, Mason and Brice all shred and we are excited to be working withthem as they make the jump from NAET to EWS enduro racing.” said Pivot Cycles CEO Chris Cocalis. “Our athlete programs are essential to product development and we look forward to the crew’s contributions to the future of Pivot bikes.”
The Pivot/Reynolds Enduro Team will be competing at both Enduro World Series and North American Enduro Tour events, as well as the Dirty Sanchez, Big Mountain Enduro and North American Crankworx races. In between events, the team will be traveling across the United States, producing three different video series: “Down Time”, a three part series focused on the stoke a rider finds on his hometown trails, “When in Rome” a series documenting the shredding and atmosphere found off of the track at NAET and other North American events, and finally, in partnership with Pinkbike, rider Brice Shirbach will be producing a new video series in conjunction with his popular East Bound and Down editorial column called "Local Flavors", the first of which has just been published, featuring the riding in Ocala, Florida. Ocala, Florida is quickly becoming a destination for riders from around the USA. The local trail system is currently experiencing a renaissance courtesy of builder Ray Petro (of the famous Ray’s Indoor Mountain Bike parks) and the Santos MTB Festival and the "Local Flavors" edit is an sensory oriented edit showcasing the best singletrack Ocala has to offer.
BIKES AND WHEELS
The Pivot Reynolds Enduro team will be riding Pivot Mach 6 Carbon and Mach 429 Trail models. The versatile Mach 6 Carbon is Pivot’s dedicated enduro bike with 155mm of dw-link™ suspension – perfect for the big, technical courses of the Enduro World Series. They will also ride the Mach 429 Trail, with its innovative mid-travel dw-link™ design, which will be the perfect choice on the varied courses of the NAET and other classic North American venues.
Co-title sponsor Reynolds Cycling will be taking care of the team’s wheel needs. “Taking stock of what really matters to those
who live to push the limits on a mountain bike, ride-quality and durability, we are supplying the team with wheels from our new Black Label line-up to complement their chosen bikes. They will race predominantly on our new Black Label 27.5 Enduro and 29 Enduro which feature a 28mm wide, hookless and asymmetric rim laced to our Reynolds straight pull, center lock hub by Industry Nine. Wider is better, if you engineer the build to match the desired outcome. With evenly tensioned uniform lengths of bladed spokes these guys will enjoy a ride quality second to none with proven durability to charge with confidence” said Reynolds Cycling CFO Mike Dufner.
The sponsorship is the brand’s first foray into the enduro race scene following the success of their latest line of Black Label mountain carbon wheels.
“Enduro style riding, making use of a multitude of terrain and features, is what inspired the design of our new Black Label products. Having proven the durability under the saddles of Bernard Kerr and the Pivot DH team we were looking for riders who could ride the wheels everywhere from rock gardens and berms to technical climbs and step-ups. We are excited about watching this team push the limits from their backyards to the slopes of Andes and having proven themselves on the bike and behind the camera gives us the full package of what we look for in sponsored athletes. These guys represent who most mountain bikers are and want to be!”
The rigid, lightweight properties of carbon fiber combined with agile geometry deliver this incredibly fun, nimble, and light trail bike. Designed for trail riding and racing, the optimized wheel path and efficient pedaling platform create a well-rounded machine that climbs and descends with equal skill.
Spider 275c Pro Specs
- Adjustable travel: 4.5” to 5” (115mm to 130mm)
- 27.5” wheel size
- Integrated Boost 148 x 12 dropouts
- SL Spider is 300g lighter with titanium hardware, high modulus carbon fiber and carbon top link
- Standard Spider is manufactured with EPS molding technology
- Internal cable routing
- Internal seat tube cable routing for dropper posts
- Monocoque front triangle
- H2O bottle fitment
- Downtime and chain stay flack guard protection
- Tapered head tube
- Direct mount front derailleur
- Angular contact/collet bearing system with replaceable grease zerks
Spider 275c GEOMETRY
Spider 275c Sizing
SRAM introduced the first-ever, purpose-built 1x drivetrain, and is the absolute leader in 1x technology and innovation. We have manufactured, tested and ridden hundreds of thousands of SRAM 1x™ drivetrains, and have capitalized on the lessons learned from our experience to create all-new drivetrains with Eagle™ Technology. Eagle™ drivetrains provide unparalleled performance, enhanced toughness and durability, and the freedom of a 500-percent gear range.
SRAM XX1 Eagle
We built the incredible new XX1 Eagle™ drivetrain to work quietly, intuitively, precisely and perfectly. Whether you’re an hour and twelve minutes into a World Cup XC or, just about to hit the top of Pearl Pass—XX1 Eagle™ is ready for that and every place in between. This cross-country-optimized drivetrain combines our newest generation of SRAM 1x™ drivetrain technological advancements with lightweight materials. With a greater gear range of 500-percent, XX1 Eagle™ gives you smoother, more precise shifts with greater durability for long lasting performance so you can spend more time in the gear you want. XX1 Eagle™ just rewrote the rules of freedom.
SRAM X01 Eagle
The X01 Eagle™ drivetrain signals an exciting new era of freedom and the next level of uncompromising performance for enduro racers and aggressive trail riders. Watching the world’s best racers use our parts to battle against nature, physics and time itself, has inspired us to supply them with the most advanced tools we can develop. X01 Eagle™ takes everything you love about our pioneering 1x drivetrains and increases its wear life, toughness, precision, smooth and silent operation. Add to that the 10- to 50-tooth, 12-speed, Eagle™ cassette, and you have a range of gears that gives you the freedom to enjoy the benefit of 1x in any terrain, any location and at any speed. X01 Eagle™ is drivetrain freedom—how you exploit it is up to you.
Tucked neatly beneath your handlebars, the X01 Eagle™ X-ACTUATION™ trigger shifter is the nerve center of the Eagle™ drivetrain. Its internal works have been updated to include a 12th gear, and improved to enhance trigger feel, precision and durability. Whether you’re 4 stages into the race or days away from civilization, the X01 Eagle™ trigger shifter is your faithful 1x touch point.
- New mechanism creates a smoother and more precise shifting system with exceptional reliability
- Forged aluminum trigger designed to take a beating
- Customizable setup via the adjustable pull-lever and MatchMaker™ X
This new derailleur not only answers the Eagle™ drivetrain’s need for greater capacity, but it’s also the next evolution of our proven, 1x-specific X-HORIZON™ design. The larger, 14-tooth X-SYNC™ lower pulley allows 10- to 50-tooth cassette capacity in this relatively compact design, and also adds to Eagle’s overall smooth-pedaling feel. Our new, Type-3 ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ features a smoother torque curve for a quieter, more consistent operation and feel. CAGE LOCK™ has been moved back and out of the way, protecting it from trail debris. And a redesigned, robust mounting system further improves the Eagle™ derailleur’s performance and overall durability.
- Completely redesigned rear derailleur incorporating our proven X-HORIZON™ design and new Type-3 ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ technology
- Re-engineered mounting system and repositioned CAGE LOCK™ add robustness
- Eagle™ pulley technology provides greater efficiency, crisper shifting and quieter
- Aluminum cage and lightweight hardware make it light and tough
We know you have a lot of choices when choosing a crankset, and that choice says a lot about your personal style. We designed the new X01 Eagle™ crankset for riders who feel most stylish when they stand on top of the podium. This is a completely reengineered design, employing our proprietary CARBON TUNED™ lay-up technology. Built tough, to handle aggressive lines through rock gardens and big hits wherever you find them, the new X01 Eagle™ is the strongest, stiffest, lightest crankset available. Combined with the new Eagle™ direct mount chainrings, and as an integral part of the Eagle™ drivetrain, this is a crankset that gives your ride a winning style—assuming you’re into that sort of thing.
- The strongest, stiffest, lightest crankset available
- All-new SRAM CARBON TUNED™ crank technology provides extreme stiffness and light weight
- All-new chainring technology is designed specifically for Eagle™ chains and drivetrains
- The X-SYNC™ 2 chainring provides significantly quieter performance, with better mud clearing and extraordinary durability
Take a quick look at the new X-DOME™ Eagle™ cassette. The last dangling shred of an argument in favor of a mountain bike front derailleur is now officially dead. Designed for use with our proven, reliable XD™ driver body, this 12-speed, 10- to 50-tooth cassette offers an optimal 500-percent gear range at a considerably lighter weight than 2x systems. It carries with it the X-DOME™ architecture, which, independent tests have concluded, yields the strongest cassettes on the market. New shifting characteristics improve both, inboard and outboard shifting, as well as chain retention.
- SRAM’s cassette manufacturing technology provides the greatest durability and lightest weight
- All-new shifting features create a smoother, quieter system with enhanced inboard and outboard shift performance
- XD™ driver body compatible
- 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 24, 28, 32, 36, 42, 50
It might look normal from the outside, but the engineering inside this incredible new chain design that makes possible a gear range previously found only in 2-chainring drivetrains. And it’s also the biggest contributor to the Eagle™ drivetrain’s ultra-smooth, precise, durable and quiet performance. The Eagle™ chain’s links have a smooth radius, with no sharp edges or chamfers, which yield a significant reduction in noise, friction and wear on chainrings and cassette cogs. This design also allows for a flatter plate, which means more consistent chain riveting and greater overall strength. HARD CHROME™ technology extends the chain’s optimal performance life, and a Titanium Nitride coating on the Gold and Black models decreases corrosion and further reduces friction.
- Groundbreaking new chain design and technology
- The Eagle™ chain has been completely re-engineered, and is produced with new manufacturing technology
- All-new Eagle™ PowerLock® chain connector with FLOW LINK™ technology provides better chain-guiding and increased longevity
- The X01 Eagle™ chain is the quietest, strongest and most wear-resistant chain in the world
- Unique features and design also provide significantly improved wear resistance on Eagle™ cassettes and rings
The radical new look and feel of our X-SYNC™ 2 Eagle™ chainring is a direct result of SRAM drivetrain engineers studying the performance and wear characteristics of thousands of X-SYNC™ chainrings. We subjected every size of chainring to untold environmental and mechanical tortures, abuse and neglect, in both lab and real-world settings, to come up with a chainring that would augment the Eagle™ drivetrain’s performance in all conditions. The longer, positive-rake tooth shape has been designed to work perfectly with the new Eagle™ chain to increase chain retention and overall pedaling efficiency, while decreasing friction, noise and wear.
- X-SYNC™ 2 chainring design increases chain retention, wear life, and reduces friction and noise.
- Designed to be used with Eagle™ chain
Django Carbon XT Specs
- 5th generation of all mountain Split Pivot frame
- New geometry with a top tube 20 mm longer on all sizes to fit a wider range of customers
- Tapered head tube Precise control and the best strength-to-weight ratio in the business
- Lower stand-over height Delivering prime stand-over fit, and a super-low center of gravity for enhanced handling
- DMC-G Devinci monocoque carbon lighter, stiffer, and more responsive
- Featuring EPS molding with T700 carbon fiber Ultra-short chainstays Pin-it acceleration, combined with superior driver's seat handling
- Split pivot Suspension system Separates acceleration forces from braking forces for synchronized feel
- AXIS & FRG ADJUSTABLE Perfect balance, minimum unsprung mass, and prime hi/lo geometry adjustment for perfect settings
- Boost 148 standard Stiffer rear wheel
- Internal cable routing Protection from elements
- Deluxe, aerodynamic styling Asymmetrical construction: Milking the most performance out of every frame angle, improved torsional stiffness 27.5 dedicated 2.35'' maximum tire clearance
- Increased bottom out force Increased progressivity for improved bottoming out forces
- CUSTOM TUNED REAR SHOCK
- ENDURO BEARINGS
Spring has yet to combust in the North Carolina woods—but that hasn’t stopped Evan Voss and Brandon Blakely from ripping some ultra-fun trails as of late. Fast and playful lines, you’ll find them here. As well as rock drops, random bank hits, burly step-downs, and send-it berms. It’s some jangly territory for these smooth operators, a perfect pairing for the Devinci Django.
For more than 25 years, Devinci has designed and built bikes that exceed the highest industry standards. This video present the production of the all new Django. A rare opportunity to learn more about Devinci’s expertise, live from our factory in Chicoutimi, Canada.